Monday, June 1, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - DIP YOUR TOES

IRISH TOTE BAG
BY
KRISTIN


I can see why Kristin says she'd like to keep this tote bag for herself! The colors and design are beautiful!! Kristin's shop on Etsy is called DIP YOUR TOES. When you pay a visit to DIP YOUR TOES, you will find a wide variety of items which Kristin creates using yarn, cloth and recycled materials......crocheted bags, totes, scarves, Ipod cases and more.

DIP YOUR TOES has a JUNE GIVEAWAY going on right now, so be sure to pay a visit to Kristin's blog (the link is below this interview) to find out more about it!



RETRO WRISTLET
by
Kristin

What led you to start creating your art/craft?


Well, my mom taught me how to crochet when I was very young, but I ultimately decided to start creating things late last year.


How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?


I knew I loved to crochet, and wanted to learn how to sew, so I decided this was a great outlet.


What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?


I love creating because it is beneficial to both me and my customers. It is SO relaxing! At the same time, I'm creating something someone will be able to enjoy for a long time.


If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?


What a great creative question! I think a pear perfectly describes my craft. Soft on the outside, very sweet to enjoy as the whole package.


If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?


Photography. I love being able to capture the natural beauty of different things. In fact, I'm considering opening another shop for my photography!


What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?


Promoting your shop is a must - everywhere you go! When it comes down to it, remember that you need to establish a community with other crafters, both in your craft and outside of it. The majority of your business will be other artists. It is just as important to offer advertisement of your community as for yourself.

THANKS, Kristin, for taking the time to be a "featured artist" here on DZFANTASY. It was fun getting to see your creativity and to learn a bit more about you.

To learn more about Kristin and her work, be sure to visit her links below. Visit her blog link below to learn more about her COUPON GIVEAWAY!!





BLOG

FACEBOOK

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks so much!

swanriverstone said...

Wow I love that crochet wristlet the color choices are gorgeous. Great intervew. thanks for sharing