Friday, June 26, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - ELEGANT ROSE BOUTIQUE

Headache Relief Balm - Full Size and Travel Size
by
ELEGANT ROSE BOUTIQUE


I was just browsing through Melissa's Etsy shop, ELEGANT ROSE BOUTIQUE, and loved reading about and seeing all the delightful bath and beauty products that are offered there. I don't think there is anyone that doesn't like to pamper themselves with a beautiful, handmade natural soap, lotions or any other bath product. Melissa offers essential oil soaps, headache/lip balms, lotions, bath fizzies, gift sets and more, so be sure to pay ELEGANT ROSE BOUTIQUE a visit.

SUNNY DAY GARDNER'S SOAP - All Natural

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I bought some homemade soap from someone a few years ago that was going out of business and the rest is history!

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I have been using essential oils for the past 8 years for health issues, like headaches, stomach aches, etc, so using essential oils in soap was an easy progression.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I really enjoy creating new scents for my soaps and body care products and also love taking the photos.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

In addition to soap making, I enjoy sewing/quilting and making cards, I have always enjoyed working with my hands and creating things.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I don't know if you would call it a message, but I would hope that people would realize how many chemicals they use daily and try to minimize them. Most don't think twice about their toothpaste, deodorant, or soap. Usually you can't pronounce most of the ingredients, let alone know what they are.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Make sure you enjoy what you do or find something else!

Melissa, thanks for being a featured shop here on DZFANTASY. I think your products are wonderful, and couldn't agree with you more as to the advantages of using products made with natural ingredients.

To learn more about Melissa and her wonderful bath and body products, be sure to visit the links below.




ELEGANT ROSE BLOG

TWITTER

No comments: