Tuesday, September 8, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - BY CAMILE

CREAM AND LAVENDER BEADED COLLAR
by CAMILE
CLICK on photo to learn more about this exquisite creation!

WELCOME, Camile and her Etsy shop, "by Camile". When you a pay a visit to "by Camile", you will find a wide selection of lovely items to choose from....collars/scarves, lariats/necklaces, bracelets/earrings and much more!

Let's read below to learn a bit more about Camile and her creations.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

Having a child yet also having a desperate need for a creative outlet. Once I got pregnant I had to stop oil painting, pastels etc. Then once my daughter was born I no longer had the kind of time I was used to having. I tried scrapbooking and that didn't work. I just stumbled onto crocheting while in my fav section in Walmart...the craft and hobbies section. I bought a book to teach myself how and that's how I started. I fell in love with yarn and realized this was perfect, it was portable and it was also relaxing.


FLOWER SCARF in Indigo, Orange and Green
CLICK on photo to see more of this lovely item!

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

Of course everyone crochets with yarn, but I also enjoy crocheting with wire.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

With yarn I love the feel and texture of the yarn as it passes through my finger. With wire it's different...it's kind of hard on the fingers, but I love the way it looks.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I'm thinking passion fruit. My work is sexy, feminine and colorful. At the same time, I like simple things without tons of embellishment.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your creativity, what would that be, and why?

I would love to learn how to knit. I've tried a few times and gotten frustrated, but I intend to learn one day.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I don't know if I have a message so much as just wanting to create pieces that will enhance your current wardrobe.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

You need a heavy dose of patience and persistence. It's been a year since I opened my Etsy shop and I'm still trying to figure things out.

THANKS, Camile for giving us a bit of an insight into what makes you create your lovely pieces. I always wished I would have listened to my grandma and let her teach me how to crochet! I never could get the hang of it! Your designs and work are very lovely.

To see all of Camile's creations, be sure to visit her shop by clicking on the photos and links below.


TWITTER

FACEBOOK

ARTFIRE

INDIEPUBLIC

No comments: