Thursday, September 3, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - RACHEL MORGAN DESIGNS

Bird, Nest, and Egg Pendant or Brooch

by

RACHEL MORGAN DESIGNS

CLICK on photo to learn more about this charming item!


WELCOME, Rachel and her Etsy shop, RACHEL MORGAN DESIGNS. When you pay a visit to Rachel's shop, you will find original designed necklaces, earrings, and also several household items. Her prices are very affordable, and the designs are charming, so be sure to stop in for a peek!


What led you to start creating your art/craft?


I have always been interested in crafting, and had been doing hemp jewelry for fun since the summer camp days. After I got hired at a desk job that required me only to answer the phone (that barely rings!) I decided to start making jewelry in my spare work time. It then progressed into a hobby I do outside of work!


How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?


I chose jewelry simply because it was something I could do at my desk. My other hobbies (painting, screenprinting) are inherently messy.


Mermaid Dangle Beaded Earrings
CLICK on earrings to learn more about them!

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I really enjoy looking at a finished product and being proud of it. I love the calm it brings me as well. Nothing makes a pleasant end to an otherwise crappy day like sitting down and creating a few new pieces in the evening.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable to describe your art/craft, what would you choose and why?


Odd question! I guess I'd say...apples. There are multiple varieties and colors, everyone has a favorite, but they're all delicious.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be and why?

If I had to choose one other medium, it would definitely be painting. I paint just about as much as I create jewelry, I just haven't yet put anything up for sale.


What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

If there's a message to convey, it's that anyone can be creative, and that some of the most simple things can be the most expressive and beautiful.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?


My advice: Don't create your art for money. Create your art because you want to, because it's worth it to you. Ask yourself -- if I were to never make any money off this, would I continue to do it? If the answer is no, you might as well stop now; your lack of passion will show. If the answer is yes, keep crafting. You will be successful.

Great answers, Rachel! ThankS for taking the time to share these thoughts and your creativity with everyone.

To see more of Rachel's designs, be sure to visit her links below.

BLOG

No comments: