Tuesday, September 29, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - DAINTLY DESIGNS



SunBurst Drop Earrings

by DAINTLY DESIGNS


WELCOME, JACKIE!  I'm happy to have Jackie and her Etsy shop, DAINTLY DESIGNS, here on DZFANTASY as a featured Etsy shop.  I discovered Jackie also lives in Wisconsin, and not very far from me.  What a small world!  I find it such fun to meet all the talented people who sell on Etsy, and get to learn a little bit about them and their creativity.

Read Jackie's interview below to learn how she got started creating her lovely jewelry.


What led you to start creating your art/craft

It started as a Christmas present for my mom...I thought I'd learn how to make earrings and make her a bunch of them as a gift. I went bead shopping and all the lovely beads had me envisioning so many lovely pieces of jewelry, I went a little overboard in my bead buying! This seemed to be the case every time I went bead shopping, resulting in my collection of 2 tackleboxes full of beads! I decided making jewelry to sell would be an excellent use for all those beads, and a fun way to make some extra money.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?


I like the limitless options available when working with sterling silver, gold, and antiqued bronze wire. I also wanted to form my own earwires, and using wire allowed me to do that.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?


Picking out beads, of course! I love when I find that unique bead that catches my eye and I immediately start imagining what I can design with it. It is also very rewarding being able to create something that people find special!


SALE- Red Swarovski Earrings



If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?



I think green beans. The more that I create with my beads, the more ideas pop into my head, kinda like how green beans grow more green beans when you pick them! Plus I really like green beans :) That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?



Wheel-thrown pottery. The possibilities of what you can create are endless, just like jewelry. It's so relaxing, and very satisfying when you create a piece that can be actually useful for something.



What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?



I'm not sure that my jewelry has a particular message, I just hope that when someone sees one of my pieces they think it is well-made and they feel a little special when they wear it!



What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?



If you are thinking about selling online, I strongly recommend Etsy.com! It is so easy to get started, and you'd be among a great online community of crafters.

Thanks, Jackie, for a delightful interview, and for taking the time to share your beautiful jewelry with all of us. 

Be sure to pay a visit to DAINTLY DESIGNS, to see all of Jackie's charming and exquisite jewelry.  She has a huge selection of wonderful earrings! You can either click on the individual photos below to go directly to that item in her shop or click on her shop link below the photos.


No comments: