Tuesday, February 2, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - CITY OF KARIS


Mystery Jewelry Subscription by CITY OF KARIS

Here is a fun, unique idea offered by Etsy artist, Karis, and her shop CITY OF KARIS

A gift that keeps on giving-for a whole year!


DESCRIPTION:
With this purchase, you will receive a surprise gift in the mail once a month for one full year.


This is a great gift for yourself or someone else. Imagine coming home from a hard day of work and finding a beautiful surprise at your door. If you are buying for someone else, they will be receiving free jewelry for a full 12 months.


This is also an incredible value-much cheaper than if you were to purchase these things separately. And trust me, this is awesome stuff!


Everything from necklaces, art pendants, earrings, bracelets, hair pieces, and more!


The image above is a sample of what you could receive, but may not be the actual items you receive.

Welcome, Karis and her Etsy shop CITY OF KARIS.  One of the items that Karis offers in her shop, is the "Mystery Jewelry" subscription which is described above.  I think it is a fun idea, and something that would make a great gift idea. 
 
When you pay a visit to CITY OF KARIS, you will also find "art collages", paintings, necklaces and more. First, lets learn a bit more about Karis and her creativity by reading her interview below.
 
What led you to start creating your art/craft?
 
I started creating jewelry because my family would go garage/estate sale hunting for fun when I was little. I would mix and match the pieces, eventually making my own creation.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?


I wanted to combine art with jewelry, so this is shown in my pieces. Also, all of my work is weiner dog approved.


What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?


I find it enjoyable when someone else loves something I have made!

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I would choose a banana. Much of my inspiration comes from Carmen Miranda.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be and why?


I would choose mixed media painting. It is exciting to see a blank canvas transform. I have some pieces in my shop now, and am hoping to add more.


11" x 14"

Bohemian Green Button Vase Mixed Media Painting
by Karis

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?


My message is that it is okay to buy a handmade, original piece, rather buying from retail blobs.


What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?


Do what makes you happy!

Thanks, Karis, for taking the time to share your creativity and thoughts with all of us.  your "Mystery Jewelry" subscription is a great idea!  It is always fun to look forward to getting something in the mail!


Be sure to visit the links below to see more of Karis' creations.

No comments: