Monday, February 15, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - PIXIE DUST FINERIES

Topaz Crystal Necklace

by Patricia Bullock of PIXIE DUST FINERIES

Patricia of Pixie Dust Fineries on Etsy has a huge selection of delightful jewelry which should please anyone's taste!  She also has a selection of  "awareness" jewelry for MS, Breast Cancer, Diabetes and Heart Disease.  Be sure to pay a visit to PIXIE DUST FINERIES to see all her lovely creations.  You will also find a section of Bridal jewelry.  I'm sure you will be able to find just what you are looking for!

Let's take a moment to learn a little bit more about Patricia, by reading her interview below.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?


I have always been an artsy/crafty person. When I was a kid,I was constantly doing some type of craft from macramé to knitting, to drawing, you name it I probably did it. In 2007, I lost my job; I started making jewelry as gifts for my family. At one point, I made many more pieces than I needed so I decided to try my hand at selling some of them on Etsy.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I have always loved jewelry and I love the relationship that women have with their jewelry. It makes us feel beautiful, feminine, and powerful. It affects us in many ways, and even if a piece does not cost thousands of dollars, it is still precious to us. Therefore, I choose Jewelry.


Aglow Vanilla Pearl and Crystal Bride/Bridesmaid Earrings
by Patricia

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

The part of jewelry making I find most enjoyable is designing the piece. Creating jewelry is very therapeutic for me.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I would choose a tomato, because they come in many varieties of shape, sizes and colors.


Pink Crystal Breast Cancer Bracelet

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your creativity what would that be, and why?

Pencil Drawings, it is something I have always enjoyed doing, but never really pursued it after school.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Individuality, creativity, uniqueness!

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Focus on what you love and you will be successful.


Patricia, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and lovely creations with everyone!

To learn more about Patricia and Pixie Dust Fineries, be sure to visit the links below.

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE

TWITTER

FLICKR

No comments: