Monday, March 15, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - BLANKETS BY MIMI

Toddler Blanket - Lil Diva

By BLANKETS BY MIMI

WELCOME,  Annamarie and her adorable creations in her Etsy shop,  BLANKETS BY MIMI....!!  You just have to pay a visit to BLANKETS BY MIMI, where you will find beautiful hand crocheted blankets, caps, bibs and more for the little "angels" in your lives.

Take a moment to read Annamarie's interview below and then click on her shop's links below to see all of her darling creations!  Beautiful baby shower and other occasion gift ideas.

What led you to start creating your art/craft

What began as a relaxing pastime of crocheting precious and unique baby blankets for my “expecting” friends and family members has turned into a passion for creating sweet and adorable blankets and specialty gifts for babies, toddlers and juniors!

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I was introduced to the art of crochet and knitting at a young age. I took to crocheting immediately and was just amazed at how a single yarn and a single hook could create something so beautiful. When I found out that many of my friends and family members were expecting I wanted to give them something special …and I used my talent in crochet to create something for their little one that was unique and ageless. Something they would look back on years later any have a smile on their face because it reminded them of their childhood.

Just Born Baby Cap - Purplicious OR Pinkalicious

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I have found that through the many different people I have created these tiny treasures for, that my novelty gifts are truly timeless. My inspiration is the wonderfully imaginative personalities of children and I create each item with those adorable personas in mind, which makes every piece I craft a reflection of their uniqueness.

Bessy the Ballerina Egg


If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

The fruit I would chose to describe my art is any type of berry, like the strawberry, blueberry or raspberry for example, because, like my baby blankets and specialty gifts, they are sweet and bursting with zest.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

The other medium I would choose to display my creativity would be drawing and painting, in particular, charcoal and opaque watercolor. I would use this medium to create painted and drawn pictures for nurseries or wall art for a toddler room. I love to decorate and make things extra special, and it is amazing what a creative piece for the wall of a room can do to make it like “home”.


Peaches the Pony

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

My message is simple. “ Wrap your little one in warmth and love”. I think that each piece I create does that in some way.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

I think with art and crafts, there are many… sometimes too many subjective opinions. I would say to other artists and crafters, stay true to yourself and your passion. Don’t veer away from something you love and believe in because of what other people think. You need to do what makes you happy!

THANKS, Annamarie, for letting me share your wonderful crocheted creations, with everyone here on DZFANTASY.  They are truly delightful, and one can see that a lot of love goes into each piece.  True keepsakes!

To see more of Annamarie's work, click on her links below.

No comments: