Sunday, March 21, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - LIZABITS DESIGNS

Button Top Cupcake Cards Set of 4

by LIZABITS DESIGNS

These cupcake cards are perfect for birthdays, invitations, thank you notes, or for practically any occasion!
These cards come in a set of 4 and come in the colors: aqua,pink,purple, and yellow. They measure approximately 3.5"X 4.5". The frosting is hand embossed by me and each cupcake is topped with a button. Each card comes with a matching white envelope.

WELCOME, Elizabeth and her Etsy shop, LIZABITS DESIGNS.  If you are looking for fun, colorful handmade cards, tags, scrapbook embellishments, cupcake toppers and more....be sure to pay LIZABITS DESIGNS a visit!  They are cute and original!
 
Read Elizabeth's interview below to hear in her own words how she got started in her crafting adventure and what it means to her.
 
What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I started Paper crafting when I was 19 years old. My mom had invited me to come along with her to a scrapbooking party and I became hooked. I loved how there were so many different things you could do with paper, scissors, and glue. I just continued to work on my scrapbooking projects which naturally led me to card making, and here I am today selling my own paper crafts on Etsy.


Ballerina Dress Cupcake Toppers Set of 12

 
How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

Well, there are many mediums that I wish I could work with like painting, but I just never had the artistic ability to draw or create those kinds of images in my mind. For some reason, working with paper fuels my creativity and brings out the artistic side of me that I never knew existed.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I find that I enjoy paper piecing the best. I like to take different shapes of paper and form them into various objects. This is probably the most fun for me. The industry has come a long way as far as die cutting machines and paper punches since I first started paper piecing, so now it is so much easier to create almost anything I want.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I think I would choose a strawberry because they are just all around good. They are sweet and juicy and nice to look at. I like to think that my pieces are cute and sweet like a strawberry.

Easter Bits scrapbook embellishments


If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I would love to be a knitter. I see so many cute shops who specialize in knitted baby items and just all around cute things and I love it so much! Those knitters are very talented. I hope to someday take a knitting class. I think that would be fun.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I want my paper crafts to bring people a little bit of joy in a crazy world. I want my cards and gift tags to be something that would bring a smile to the recipient's face. Even if it is just a small little pleasure in this world.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

My advice would be to just do what you love and continue at it. It is very rewarding to make sales on Etsy and to get recognized, but all of that really doesn't matter. At the end of the day, I just love what I am doing and receive so much joy from making my little crafts. If you continue to work at your craft and perfect it to the best of your ability, then that is what helps to fill up your soul. I love my job so much. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

THANKS, Elizabeth, for sharing your thoughts and delightful paper creations with all of us.

To see and learn more about Elizabeth and her creations, be sure to visit the links below.

1 comment:

Linda B said...

Congrats! You've won a blog award. Come pick it up on my blog at http://linorstorecom.blogspot.com