Tuesday, March 9, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - SARAH SUPPLIES

Nestable Circle and Scallop Circle Die Cuts 3 Custom Colors 3 inch 54 pieces

by SARAH SUPPLIES

This is the first time I've had an Etsy supply shop as a featured shop here on DZFANTASY.  I'm happy to have Sarah and her shop, SARAH SUPPLIES as my first featured supply shop. 

When you pay a visit to SARAH SUPPLIES, you will find paper crafting supplies,  custom premium die cuts, premade premium die cuts, card stock, embellishments and more.    Check out all the available colors in the color charts!!

First, take the time to read Sarah's interview below to learn a little bit about how/why she decided to get into this area of supplies.

What led you to start creating your art/craft.


Boredum! I am a home body and I like trying new things. I've dabbled in candle making, sewing, scrapbooking, stamping, and I'm also a musician. One day I was making a couple home made cards, the next I was trying to sell them online. When that didn't work, I resorted to just selling the supplies online. Now that seems to pay for my hobbies I do for personal use. I enjoy selling online and building relationships with customers. I have a background as working for a distributor in the OEM market so that experience helps.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

Experimentation. Candle making was too messy. I don't have enough patience with sewing. Paper crafting gives me the freedom to be creative, but the supplies and tools are much easier to use.


AC Dimensional Stickers Giddy Birds Flowers 17 pcs

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

Receiving feedback from end users of my product. Or I enjoy sending out a package that is just fun and colorful with samples and fun stuff that I know someone will enjoy opening. I guess I am into crafting more for the people.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Fruit. My work is usually bright, colorful, and sweet.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Music. I love music, I love playing the guitar, singing, and learning my Mandolin, but I've just never lived up to my own expectation of what a "good" musician should be. It has been a wonderful way for me to share my love for Christ. I participate in church and that is important to me.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I guess I'm not really trying to convey a message in particular. I just do enjoy building relationships from abroad, sending my love and warmth.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

 My advise is for selling on Etsy and other online venues. This is said so many times, but it was the most important piece of advice I ever listend to: Take good photos! Don't be satisfied until you have found the right combination of lighting and angle. Look through your competition's listings and see which shots give the most wow factor and try to mimmick their photography. Research and experiment with photography until you have the knack. Until you wrangle the image of your product, everything else is pointless.

Thanks, Sarah, for sharing your thoughts and ideas with everyone.

If you'd like to see more of what SARAH SUPPLIES has to offer, be sure to visit the links below.

No comments: