Sunday, April 26, 2009

FEATURED ETSY ARTIST - TYE J. SCHLOER

FOREVER AND EVER
by Tye J. Schloer
4' x 6' Oil Painting
What a stunning creation by this artist!!

CLICK ON ABOVE PHOTO to learn more about it.

Let's welcome, Tye and his wonderful, fantasy paintings. Tye's shop on Etsy is called TYE J. and it is filled with surreal, colorful, imaginative paintings by Tye. You really must pay a visit.

The Lily Shower

CLICK ON PHOTO to learn more about it!


What led you to start creating your art/craft

I started to seriously draw at the age of 12, and started to paint by 10th grade. I had a very inspiring art teacher who gave me alot of encourgement.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

Well, I started out using acrylics on canvas, but I always wanted to learn oils. When I met my girlfriend in college, (shes my fiance now) she pushed me to use oils and gave me some real informative lessons. Since then, I've have been an oil painter.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

Um, thats a good question. I think, for me, the best part is actually in the preperation before I start a major canvas. My favorite is building the stretchers, and stretching the canvas, you have to put in alot of good craftmaship if you want a nice looking canvas.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I'm not sure on how to answer that one so I'll say fruit??

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I am always a oil painter first and a spray painter second... but, I would choose spray paint, which I also do for fun on the streets. You can check my store to see what spraypaintings I have in stock, many for under $20.00. (had to get the plug in)

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

My art represents imagination, fantasy, magic, emotion, dreams, and any thing I can come up with. People always ask "how do you think of that stuff".....I really dont know...it just comes to me, like the wind.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Don't give up!!!

Tye, you have a wonderful talent and imagination! Thanks for sharing your work with everyone. Wishing you much success in the future! It has been fun having you out here on DZFANTASY as a featured artist.







No comments: