Thursday, April 23, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - VERRE DESIGN

LADY BUG NECKLACE
Glass Lampwork, Obsidienne and Silver Necklace
by Patricia Wood
of VERRE DESIGN

Patricia of VERRE DESIGN on Etsy is a talented jewelry and glass artist, from Quebec, who has some very exquisite creations in her shop. I find the creation of lampwork beads very fascinating, and love how they look, so I'm very happy to have Patricia as a featured artist out here on DZFANTASY.

Be sure to visit Patricia's shop as she has a large selection of beautiful necklaces, bracelets, earrings and more, in which she incorporates her wonderful handmade lampwork beads.


What led you to start creating your art/craft?

Glassblowing always fascinated me. Encased pieces are almost mesmerizing... I started melting glass as a hobby that soon became a passion. I’ve also always loved original handmade silver jewelry. Incorporating some of my handmade beads into my designs sort of came naturally.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?
I don’t think I ever decided... It was just “it”!

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love each part of it! I love the “zen” state I’m in when I melt glass, the concentration and attention it requires, the different textures and feels each color have, the planning it sometimes requires to make a specific design or achieve a certain effect. And I love designing jewelry, selecting components, working with silver wire and silver clay... coordinating it all to create unique and original pieces. And the smile on my face when I just get it right!

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Avocado – For its mysterious center, its soft, smooth and silky texture, its vibrant and changing color, it’s sublime look (and taste) just by itself or the great combination it makes with other ingredients.

RED HOT CHILI PEPPER EARRINGS

Handmade Lampwork Beads

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be, and why?

I love writing and cooking and to make my own gift cards... but I will say sculpture – to uncover and touch the angels hidden in marble.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?
Accessories make the look – wear what you like and what makes you feel good.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Be passionate, curious and try different things. Remember that practice makes perfect and to train your creativity muscle every day. “Whether you believe you can make it or not, you’re probably right”. Find joy in creating.

THANKS, Patricia for taking the time to share your creativity and thoughts with all of us. Beautiful creations!!

Be sure to visit the links below to see and learn more about Patricia and her VERRE DESIGN creations.



VERRE DESIGN BLOG

VERRE DESIGN WEBPAGE

No comments: