Thursday, April 16, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - PAISLEY BLEU

Going Paisley Burpcloth Trio


Welcome, Shelley and her Etsy shop, PAISLEY BLEU....Hip Baby Accessories. Come on all you young mom's and grandma's....see what Shelley has to offer in the line of colorful, fun bibs and burp cloths! Now your little ones can eat in real style. PAISLEY BLEU offers handmade, fabric bibs and burp cloths in a delightful array of colors and patterns. Be sure to stop in and pay a visit. Great baby shower or new baby gift idea!

Bolero bib/burpcloth combo
What led you to start creating your art/craft?

My 4 year old twins(g/b) were eating one day and I thought the bibs they were using were not so pretty. I told my family that I could make them some cuter and of better quality. The rest is history.. Paisley Bleu came to life.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

When you have children, it's easy to try things on them. They make the best little models. I decided this is an area that I could stay in and grow up and out with my kids.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

The whole process is enjoyable, but I believe the finished product is my favorite. Knowing that the long, tired hours and hard work have paid off and that some little one will be wearing a product I created by hand with lots of love.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Hmmm, good question. I think maybe an orange. If you get one that is sour, it leaves a yucky taste in your mouth. If you get a ripe one, then each bite is savored. That's how I see my work. If it is sour or not to my standards, then I start all over again and toss the yucky one to the side. If the product is exactly what I hoped for, then I know I will be selling a product I am pleased with.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your creativity, what would that be, and why?

Fine Arts. I think anyone who creates by hand is an artist. Everyone on Etsy has such great talent. I love looking at all of the exciting products that are made.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Why settle for something that is made of thin plastic when you can enjoy handmade bibs and burpcloths that last a long time and keeps your little one looking stylish at the same time.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Be creative and don't be afraid to take a chance. If you don't move on an idea or dream, then you stay idle in life always wondering what if..

Shelley, it was a real pleasure having you out here on DZFANTASY as a featured Etsy shop. Thanks for sharing your colorful work, and for your thoughts and ideas.






No comments: