Thursday, April 2, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - EGYPT MACHINE by SARA MACIAS

Vanilla dream high waisted pencil skirt
by Sara

LETS WELCOME, Sara and her Etsy shop EGYPT MACHINE. As you will read below, Sara started sewing and creating at a very young age, and she is still following this dream. When visiting Sara's shop you will find skirts, dresses and more!


What led you to start creating your art/craft?
I started back in high school, recycling old band shirts to look better. I didn't have a lot of money to constantly buy new stuff all the time, so making old stuff new seemed like the thing to do. I actually began Elegy Ink as a junior in high school. I wanted to earn money, because at the time no one would hire me anywhere, lol. ..so I began making simple clothes and accessories and I'm still doing it to this day.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

Clothes are something I was just better at making than other crafts. So that's what I stuck with.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

To me making clothes is the most fun, I enjoy using different fabrics, and techniques for decor. The end result is always the best part.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I would choose a pomegranate, because its beautiful and interesting looking like my clothes.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

If I had to chose one other craft it would be to make bags/purses. I'm really becoming a bag person lately, and I would like to make crazy ones from recycled goods and just expand my creative outlet.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Be loud, interesting, bold, and original.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Do what you know, and do what you love. Being happy is key, and if you can make a buck off it even better!
Sara, thanks for sharing your thoughts and creativity with everyone. I'm sure you will always be looking ahead to see what you can create.
To find out more about Sara and her creations, visit her links below.

MY SPACE

No comments: