Tuesday, April 7, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - ALL KINDS OF ART

SUNNY, THE GIRAFFE
by
GLENDA

ALL KINDS OF ART is the perfect name for Glenda's shop on Etsy! This delightful, talented artist has just that....all kinds of beautiful art....in her shop, ranging from fine art prints such as Sunny, the Giraffe shown above, as well as jewelry, fiber baskets, and a lot more. Be sure to pay a visit to ALL KINDS OF ART. I've been browsing through Glenda's shop and am amazed at all the areas of creativity.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

My kindergarten teacher told my parents to encourage me in art and I knew I wanted to teach art by the time I got to 6th grade. I wound up teaching art to middle school and high school kids for 31 years.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I liked drawing and painting really well in my college years, but when I took a workshop with Vera Curnow, who founded the Colored Pencil Society of America, I got hooked on colored pencils! They are SO wonderful, especially when used with a solvent and watercolors.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

Getting the IDEA for an art piece and working out the logistics---what surface, what size, what colors to use, how to create the focal point and contrast. When I'm making craft items, like my facepins, it is the decorating that thrills me. Sometimes I am having so much fun I will sit there and just cackle---some items just seem to create their own personality.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable to describe your art/craft, what would you choose and why?

Grapes. I love so many different mediums that they are the grapes that make up the "bunch" in my shop.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be, and why?

Gardening. I love to grow flowers but I am not very good at it. I admire those who can grow a lovely flower garden full of color and scent.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Color and creativity can enrich anyone's home and life.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Sometimes your best rewards can come just from the art of creating. Whether you sell the item or get an award for it or not, you learned something new just by creating it.

GLENDA, thanks so much for sharing all your creative talents with everyone, and for giving us a bit of an insight as to what makes you "tick" as an artist. BEAUTIFUL WORK! To see more of Glenda's work be sure to visit the links below.

GALLERY OF PHOTOS

No comments: