Wednesday, April 29, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP -MIDNIGHTSKYE

8x10 Beautiful Bright Pink Roses

WELCOME, Toryanni and her Etsy shop, MIDNIGHTSKYE. When you pay a visit to MIDNIGHT SKYE, you will not only find beautiful photography, but also a selection of note cards. First, let's learn a little bit more about Toryanni.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I started making cards when I was 13, because my mom was really interested in scrapbooking, so I started my own scrapbook and progressed to cards. I actually am completely in love with paper and have a ton of it. When I turned 21, my aunt and uncle bought me my first digital camera, so I started snapping pictures of everything. I've gotten alot better at it now then I was before. I really enjoy it because, it's more active then the cardmaking.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I went to Joann's and started looking at the papers and the quality of them. Pretty much I like DCWV for my papers, they have the best quality and selection in my opinion.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I like putting the things together the most, making the selection of paper and ribbon to go with it. I also like that both photography and cardmaking release stress!

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I would choose an orange, because it's sweet but kind of tart at the same time! Plus I just really love oranges!

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I would love to paint or draw because I'm not very good at either one of those, but absolutely love other peoples work.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Keep going! You never know when things may change!


THANKS, Toryanni, for taking the time to share your creativity with everyone! I especially love all your gorgeous flower photography! To find out more about Toryanni and her work be sure to visit her shop and other links below.



TWITTER

FACEBOOK

BLOG

No comments: