Friday, December 11, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - THE 35TH OF MAY


Let them eat cake ring

"If they have no bread, then let them eat cake!"


This Cake ring is fit for a Queen! Vanilla scented polymer clay cake ring handcrafted with much detail.The ring is adjustable. Ring measures 3 x 2.5 cm



Now doesn't that little cake just look good enough to eat!

I'm delighted to have Moi from Stockholm, here on DZFANTASY with her fun, whimsical and very creative ideas!  Treat yourself to a visit of Moi's Etsy shop, THE 35TH OF MAY.  It makes you smile just to see her creations....and it is definitely something we can never do too much of. Her scrumptous looking polymer clay creations, make you want to pop them into your mouth!

First let's hear from Moi as she expresses her thoughts and shares a bit of herself.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I guess my mother. Thanks to her I have been doing crafts for as long as I can think. I remember how we made handcrafted Christmas gifts every year. I really miss that tradition. I’m actually going to do it with her again this year, and I’m really looking forward to it! I guess not too much changed since those times, instead I just craft all year around.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I started experimenting with polymer clay on April this year and I really seemed to have a knack for it, but I don’t really like to limit myself with just one medium; I like to experiment with anything coming my way.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I can’t pinpoint anything specific, but I can tell you this.....I did not do anything arts and crafts related for two years, and I did not realize how important it was for me, until I started doing it again. Now I feel so good, I don’t even know where to put all that creativity I have had subdued for all that time.


If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Cherry or Strawberry. I have no idea why. Maybe you can tell me?  (Moi, I think your work is very refreshing and makes one feel good, just like when eating a juicy cherry or strawberry!)

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

It would definitely be cooking! Many seem to forget that cooking is truly an art.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I want people to be able to put a little color and magic into their everyday, familiar, general, habitual, normal, quotidian, routine, run-of-the-mill, standard, traditional, typical, usual, humdrum lives.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Never stop learning. What advice do you have for me? (Keep on having fun with your creativity and do what you enjoy and that will reflect in your creations!)

Moi, it was a real pleasure to have you here on my blog as a "featured" Etsy shop, and such fun to see your whimsical creations!

To see more of Moi's work be sure to visit the links below.


No comments: