Monday, December 14, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - LOVE STRUCK BABY BOUTIQUE


Handmade Nursing Cover in Royalty


Beautiful handmade nursing cover made with Legacy Studio's Imperial Garden collection. This fabric is not justified in the pics with its royal red palette of dark reds, silver, gold, gray and black. Large and small blossom flowers make this nursing cover a definite stand out!


WELCOME, Latisha and her Etsy shop, LOVE STRUCK BABY BOUTIQUE.  When you pay a visit to Latisha's shop you will see that she has come up with a wonderful, stylish way in which to be able to breast feed your baby whereever you are.  The fabrics and colors are beautiful..! 

Read Latisha's interview below to see how her creations came into being.


What led you to start creating your art/craft?


I was pregnant with our third child when I decided that I would leave myself with no other option but to breastfeed her. I stocked up on nursing covers I purchased online and in store and purchased not a single bottle. After she was born and we finally got through the rough period of figuring each other out while nursing (you mama's know what I mean!) I decided it was time to venture out into public places...but not without my nursing covers! They did the job, but some were way too small and would show my sides if I wasn't a nursing top and others would come loose at the d-ring adjustment when she would tug! I was coping but not happy. I decided to learn how to make my own and ended up with the perfect cover that stayed put, allowed me to see her while feeding and even covered me entirely. I was so relieved to not feel self conscience when feeding her around friends or family or even strangers when we were out.



Reusable Nursing Pads in Pink Enchanged Forest

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

Fabric is my only medium, but the choices are seemingly endless. I pick 100% cotton easy care material in patterns that I adore and feel like other mothers would love to wear. A nursing cover practically becomes a piece of your own clothing so having one that matches your personality really makes a difference in your mood and sets your own style!

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love ironing them right before they are packaged ,and I actually love the packing itself. I know it's going to someone's home and will help a modest mother bond with her baby.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I would choose a Star Fruit because when I'm asked what I create with the fabric I buy, I always get a strange look! Not many people realize what they are but love the idea when it's explained to them!

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Art in general. I love to put any medium to a canvas. Pencil is my favorite, but ink and painting feed my soul just as well!

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I'd like every expecting mother who has even an ounce of hope in the idea of breastfeeding her child to know that she can do it. It is hard! Very hard! Women really need all the support they can get from those around them. I feel like those women who are very modest about their bodies should really consider investing in a nursing cover so they're not tempted to give baby a bottle erverytime they're at the park or a restaurant. It helps ease the nerves for sure and brings peace of mind to be covered and still be nourishing your child with the best possible milk there is!

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Sometimes the things we stumble upon become our greatest passion. Have an open heart and open mind to everything that surrounds you and the possibility of finding what truly makes you happy will not be far behind. I never would have thought this is what I would be doing and with so much passion!..but I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

Latisha, thanks so much for a wonderful interview and for coming up with such a stylish product for mom's who want to nurse their babies! 

To see the wide selection of nursing covers and other items that are being offered by LOVE STRUCK BABY BOUTIQUE, be sure to visit the link below! Click on the photo to go directly to that item in the shop, or click on the shop's link below the photos.


No comments: