Friday, December 18, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - Emariecreations


Deck The Halls Gingerbread Earrings


by Samantha of EMARIECREATIONS

Samantha of Emariecreations on Etsy has many delightful creations made of polymer clay such as the fun little Gingerbread earrings shown above.  When you pay a visit to Samantha's shop you will find jewelry, push pins, magnets, hair accessories and more, all at very reasonable prices.

Take a moment to read Samantha's interview below to learn how she got started in creating her polymer clay creations.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I started working with polymer clay around the age of 11 or 12 as a hobby, mostly creating miniature food for my dollhouse. It wasn't until earlier this year that I became more seriouse about making and selling my clay creations. I enjoyed making the miniatures, but never thought I would be selling them!

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I think I was drawn to polymer clay because of how easy it was to work with. I also think the brilliant colors it comes in was a big factor, too!



Pastel Snow Lady Ornament

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I think I would have to say creating custom orders is the most enjoyable aspect for me. I get to work with great people and create something special just for them.  Also seeing the finished product of some new idea I have created is great, too!

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable to describe your "creativity", what would that be and why?

A very interesting question! I think I would say a raspberry. They come in so many diffrent flavors, colors, and varieties, are small, yet are so full of flavor!


Fresh Picked Apple Earrings on SALE - $5.00

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be and why?

I think I would choose origami or paper quilling. For both you have to use your hands, and I really enjoy working with my hands. I also love making tiny and intricate designs with my medium, and both origami and quilling include that.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?


 I want to convey a feeling of cheerfulness and fun. I enjoy what I do and want others to get the same joy out of it that I do.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Whatever your art or craft is, do it to the best of your ability! Don't do things half-heartedly- that will show up in your work. If you do your craft with joy and excitment, others will see that through your art or craft.


Thanks, Samantha, for taking the time to share you whimsical creations and thoughts with all of us.

To see more of Samantha's creations, click on the links below.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for featuring me!
~Samantha