Saturday, December 12, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - HOT PINK CHICK


Changing Seasons Bracelet

by BONNIE of HOT PINK CHICK

Sure to get lots of compliments, beautiful Czech glass leaves, yellow faceted Czech glass rondelles with Picasso finish and tiger eye jasper rounds are individually wire wrapped onto an etched, raw brass oval link chain. The focal point of this creation is a large, lovely, slightly patinaed brass leaf.






Let's weclome, Bonnie and her Etsy shop, HOT PINK CHICK.  The exquisite bracelet above is only one of many beautiful pieces of original designed jewelry you will find when you pay a visit to HOT PINK CHICK!  Bonnie has wonderful designs of earrings, necklaces, bracelets and more to choose from.


I think it is always interesting to learn a bit about the artist behind the wonderful creations we can find on Etsy, so before you pay a visit to HOT PINK CHICK, let's hear from Bonnie.


What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I've always been artistic, my father is a painter and I grew up in a household that was very creatively motivated.


How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I came across jewelry making a few years ago and fell in love. The limitless possibilities always keep it fresh and exciting for me.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?


I love seeing people wear and enjoy the things I've created. That's the most rewarding part of what I do. It's such a rush for me to sit with a bunch of individual components and put them together to make something people want.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Wow! What an interesting question! I'd have to say an onion (even though I'm allergic) because it has many layers and can be used in many different ways to compliment many dishes.


BLUE FLASH NECKLACE
by BONNIE

If you've never experienced labradorite gemstones, now is your chance! These fascinating stones flash brilliant blue in the light. They're amazing!  This sterling silver box link chain is anchored by a sterling silver circle design pendant from which five smooth round labradorite gemstones hang.


If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be, and why?

That's an easy one - interior decorating. That's my other passion. I love putting color on walls and coordinating a room with various textures, fabrics and pieces.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?


I would definitely want to convey that I love what I do and all my jewelry has some of that love in it. I want to give women affordable, pretty, stylish pieces that they can wear every day.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Love what you do and never give up. These go hand in hand for me. There will always be slow times, there will always be times when you've stepped into a new arena and need to establish yourself and there will always be times when you doubt yourself and your talent. They don't call us 'starving artists' for nothing! But if you love what you do and you stay true to yourself and your art, it's easier to keep pushing forward towards success.

Bonnie, lovely, lovely creations, and great interview!  Thanks for sharing your thoughts and creativity with all of us.
 
To learn more about Bonnie and her jewelry, be sure to visit her links below.
 


HOT PINK CHICK BLOG

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE

TWITTER