Tuesday, December 8, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - CRYSTAL'S IDYLL




by CRYSTAL

(TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS WHIMSICAL HAT CLICK ON IT'S TITLE ABOVE)

"I machine felted a red and white 100% wool sweater, then sewed it into a pointed pixie hat of my own design. There are earflaps to keep you warm, with overlong ties that can be made into a bow or wrapped around to warm you neck. The tip of the hat is ornamented with 5 streamers. Three of them end in snowflakes I hand crocheted from cotton thread and starched to shape, the other two end in brass bells. More bells are sewn to the end of the ties to jingle all the way."


WELCOME, Crystal and her Etsy shop CRYSTAL'S IDYLL.  Be sure to pay a visit to CRYSTAL'S IDYLL where you will find unique fantasy accoutrements ranging from delightful hats, bags, jewelry and more!
 
 

Stardust and Memories Victorian Garden Locket

What led you to start creating your art/craft?
 
A surfeit of time with my kids in school and a surfeit of fabric in my stash got me started.


How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I'll try anything that catches my creative eye. Sometimes it doesn't work. You'll notice I have no paper products or drawing of any kind in my shop.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love looking at a finished product and knowing I did that.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable to describe your art/craft, what would you choose and why?

Pomegranate, somewhat exotic, full of beautiful jewels and either you love them or you hate them.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be and why?

I would love the ability to write fiction. Stories in my head don't translate onto paper.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Life is fun! Let your imagination run away with you and enjoy the trip.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Find your own niche and fill it. Don't try to copy what's popular.

Thanks, Crystal, for giving everyone a "peek" into your thoughts and creativity!   One can tell from your whimsical creations that you do enjoy life, and the magic that can be found when we use our imaginations.
 
To see more of Crystals creations, click on her links below:
 


CRYSTAL'S IDYLL WEBPAGE

TWITTER

FACEBOOK

No comments: