Thursday, July 24, 2008

FEATURED ETSY ARTIST - TANGO CAT GEMS

I am happy to have Janice of TANGO CAT GEMS, as one of my featured Etsy artists out here on DZFANTASY. What an enchanting bracelet!! I've visited Janice's shop, and her jewelry is gorgeous! It has a very "magical" quality to it! Before you drop in for a visit, please read below as Janice shares her thoughts and art with us.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?
I have a fascination with gemstones, and a love of art. Budget restraints, and a never say never attitude prompted me to do it myself.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?
At this point in time,my passion is gemstones, so that is were I am focusing.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable? I love creating artistic pieces, and discovering new ways to express myself.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?
Grapes.. I am Old World at heart.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?
Lampworks.. that will soon be my next adventure.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?
Create the piece as if the piece is for yourself... You will make it with love, and with the attention it deserves.


Janice, thanks so much for taking the time to give us a bit of "insight" as to what motivates you, and sharing your lovely work with us. Below you can click on the links to TANGOCATGEMS, and see more of Janice's lovely jewelry.









Secret Garden
This enchanting painting by Janice is also out in her shop. It reminds me of the book I loved years ago, entitled "The Secret Garden".

No comments: