Friday, July 25, 2008

FEATURED ETSY ARTIST - Milli Denny -All the Bling You'll Ever Need

WOW, is the first thought that came to mind when I saw this gorgeous earring and necklace set created by Milli of MaisonMilli on Etsy. The colors and design are just too exquisite!! Be sure to visit Milli's shop on Etsy to see just what went into the creation of this beautiful piece of art. Read below as Milli shares her thoughts and ideas regarding her work and what makes her want to create her delightful pieces of jewelry.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

When I discovered that big superstore called the world wide web, I bought some handmade pieces, and that was the onset. Making jewelry satisfied my urge to create colorfull, glitzy and glamorous pieces, without any boundaries and rules. The more I make, the more ideas I get. When working on something that comes along the way I want it, which can take as much as a couple of months, I feel that I have found the ultimate way of expressing my creativity.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

It has been a journey of trial and error. But all along the way it appeared that small brass and silver components and Swarovski Crystal have the biggest potential to fit my designs. I guess you can say that the universe decided for me.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

The designing, with the biggest amount of gemstones, rhinestones, silver and brass findings you can imagine scattered around me. That gives me the biggest pleasure. And then, when it's completed, I hold it in sunlight or under multiple spotlights to let the sparkles explode and enjoy just looking at it.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Watermelon. Cold and sweet, a delicious splash of flavour, combined with bright pink and green colors.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Silver smithing. That will be my next adventure, as soon as I can find the right place to learn. In the past I have made stained glass lamp shades; I love working with solder, and I already have designs for silver jewelry in my head.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Live, love, laugh and wear as much shiny glitzy jewelry as possible.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

A lot of pieces I have made were - in my imagination - meant to be worn by Oprah or Queen Latifah. Dream big, and never give up on your dreams. No matter how young or old you are, the passion of creating brings the ultimate happiness and fulfillment.

THANK YOU, Milli, for sharing your wonderful, exquisite work and thoughts with us. It is a real pleasure to have you as a "featured" artist out here on DZFANTASY. Now, don't forget to visit MAISONMILLI on Etsy. The links are below.




RUBY LANE SHOP

FLICKR

No comments: