Thursday, July 24, 2008

FEATURED ETSY ARTIST - PATEREEVES

Just look at this beautiful butterfly!! I hope you enjoy reading the interview of this artist, and am very happy to feature her here. The beaded butterfly was one of her favorite items in her shop. Read below to see what she has to say about this work of art!

We live in the middle of 70 acres in Northwest Arkansas and these lovely butterflies flutter around our herb garden all summer. Their favorite host plants for their young is any member of the fennel family. We make sure that we have fennel in our garden just for the catapillars to munch on. They are such gorgeous butterflies that I had to try and create one to remind me of the beauty they give us every year! This butterfly was created with more than 1500 beads.

WOW, I can't imagine having the patience to create such a delicate butterfly such as that. Great job, Pat! Read below to find out more about this artist and what inspires her. Also, be sure to visit her PATEREEVES shop out on Etsy, by clicking on the links below.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

My mother was very talented at sewing and crafting and I inherited her need to create. I love the outdoors and nature in all her splendor is my inspiration?

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I love to use different mediums to create and still haven't chosen just one!

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

Creating a beautiful item that reflects nature!

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

It would have to be an artichoke. Because an artichoke has so many layers and so does my art. I do not stick to one type of art/craft, and each item that I make reveals a different layer of my personality.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Silversmithing, I would love to learn that medium because it has such versatility!

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

You should honor the world of nature and strive to understand it.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Follow your heart and create what you love!

Pat, thanks again for sharing your thoughts, and your art with us! Happy Creating!

If you'd like to see more of Pat's work, click on the links below.


FLICKR

No comments: