Thursday, August 28, 2008

FEATIRED ETSY SHOP - czukART


WELCOME, czukART as a featured Etsy shop out here on DZFANTASY. I really like the simple uniqueness and texture of this item. What a wonderful book to use for all one's special thoughts and ideas. Let's hear what this artist has to say about herself and her work.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I’ve always been interested in the arts. I’m currently a student at the Columbus College of Art and Design. When school let out for the summer I was shocked at how much I missed the busyness and enjoyment of creating. I began to sew and draw and fiddle around with new ideas. A friend of my recommended Etsy. I signed up and fell in love with the online community. Now I think it might be a full blown obsession, haha.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I really like three dimensional art. I try to incorporate a lot of texture in my work. I’ve also always liked acrylic paints, handmade papers and fabrics.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

The whole process is always rewarding. To develop a concept and actually watch it come to life still amazes me.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

A cucumber. It’s cool, refreshing.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I love to work with wire. I did some wire sculpture in high school and learned to solder my first year of college. I love how you have to struggle with the medium, you have to tame it.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Simplicity, functionality and beauty.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Some people get frustrated. They feel as though they have wasted their time. John Lennon shares my view on this. “Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” In short, love what you do no matter what it is!


THANKS, czukART, for taking the time to share your thoughts and creativity with us! If you'd like to learn a little bit more about this artist, be sure to visit her links below.




MY SPACE

BLOG

1 comment:

Pretty Fun said...

Beautiful shop and great feature.