Wednesday, August 6, 2008

FEATURED ETSY ARTIST - DESIGNS BY C.D. CHILDS


Denise of DESIGNS BY C.D. CHILDS has a lot of fun, colorful things in her Etsy shop, so be sure to pay a visit!! As I was browsing through her shop, I happened upon this little lady bug!! Isn't she charming!

I'm happy Denise has taken the time to share her thoughts and work with us. Below you will learn a bit more about Denise and her wonderful creations.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?
When I was in the first grade, my teacher noticed my artistic talent. She advised my mom to help me pursue my artistic ability. My mom bought me art pads, books and pencils. By the time I was 10 years old, I was in private art classes learning how to paint in oils. I have been creating with whatever I can get my hands on ever since.
How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?
Stained glass was actually by acident. I really had no interest in glass. My mom invited me to take a class with her. After turning her down several times, I finally gave in and took a class. I fell in love with everything about glass. I am now a professional stained glass artist, and I do contract labor for many builders in my area. I'm currently trying new things with my kiln.
What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?
The creativity process is the birth of a new project. But when I get to execute the actual design or piece, that is where the excitment really begans. The most enjoyable aspect of creating is when everything has fallen into place and my creation comes out perfect.
If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?
Asparagus...It takes years for the plant to develop one small spear before you can actually enjoy the fruits of its labor. I'm a perfectionist at heart. When I choose to make something, I have to love the design, and it has to be perfect when I'm finished.
If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?
My first love is oil paints. I am planning to paint more in my spare time. If ony I had spare time. lol
What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?
I want to convey beauty and interest. I want people to be inspired when they see my work.
What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?
The only message I can convey to anyone who does any type of art/craft is to love what you do and create what you love.
THANKS, Denise for taking the time to give us a bit of an "insight" as to how you got started in your art, and what your feelings are about your work. Don't forget now.......take a peek at Denise's shop. I'm sure you will be delighted with her creations.

No comments: