Tuesday, August 19, 2008

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - SUNRISE DESIGNS


Amazonite is considered a soothing stone that offers confidence and improves self worth. It is called the "hope stone" because it inspires confidence and hope.

The above description is only a partial explanation taken from this item's description out on Dawn's SUNRISE DESIGNS shop on Etsy. I really love the soft, cool colors of this exquisite bracelet. It definitely projects a "soothing" aura. I'm happy to have Dawn out here on DZFANTASY, as a featured artist, so that we can learn a little bit about her and her wonderful designs. Read below to hear what Dawn has to say about herself and her work. Don't forget to visit SUNRISE DESIGNS to see what other pieces of beautiful jewelry you might find out there.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?
I love to create things with my hands. whether it be cross stitch, handmade cards, jewelry designing , or crafting in general, I am always inspired by nature.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I haven't chosen one medium. I enjoy experimenting.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love seeing an idea come to life.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I'd have to say a cherry. A cherry is simple and crisp on the outside.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I would love to learn how to paint and work with glass.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Everything is beautiful to someone!

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Create from the heart and be confident.

Thank you, Dawn, for taking the time to share your thoughts and work with us. To see more of Dawn's beautiful work, click on the links below.



FLICKR

No comments: