Wednesday, August 13, 2008

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - MISS KITTY CHARMS

Welcome, Mis Kitty Charms....!! If you want to see more fun, colorful creatures, like the one in the photo above, delightful, original charms, be sure to visit MISS KITTY CHARMS shop on Etsy. Before you do, read below to get a humorous "insight" into Miss Kitty.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?
At first I was a drawer.... as in the graphite on paper kind of drawer. Over time, the people (and things) in my drawings became cuter and cuter, with abnormally large heads and eyes. It wasn't long before I wanted to bring these to life, and started off sculpting with the help of some tutorials on deviantART, which later led to me using some of these techniques in my own work and designing my own charms. Later on I realised clay was cute, but not quite cuddly enough. One thing led to another and I soon picked up some felt, needle and thread... and tada! Here I am now.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?
It's pretty much all explained above. Polymer clay? Cute, miniature and wearable. Plushing material? Cute AND huggable.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?
Actually finishing a project. There's nothing better than spending days on a project then finally being able to go 'YES! FINALLY, I CAN PUT IT DOWN', then marveling at your own creative genius (as you do)

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?
Starfruits, because they're awesome. You gotta admit they have the coolest cross section of any fruit, right? And because, er... I'm awesome and have a cool cross section. I think.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?
Shirts, or clothing in general, because clothes are pretty awesome. And warm. And I'd be able to wear my own stuff around and say 'Dude. I made this. Awesome, no?

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I don't think I really have a message. I just want to make people smile with my craft and inject a little more cute into their lives. Why? Because I can. If you can do something, then do it... hey, there's my message! But make sure its positive though, don't go shooting someone just because you can, that's just stupid. Send hugs instead.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?
Keep at what you do! I was always told I wouldn't be able to make any money by crafting, that I'd need a 'real' job, but I'm doing it now. MKC's just starting, but hey, I'm getting there!

Hey, MISS KITTY...thanks for your "upbeat" slant on life and your creations! Happy Creating!


No comments: