Sunday, August 17, 2008

FEATURED ETSY ARTIST - LUCKY'S LUXURY ARTS AND CRAFTS


Kelly has some really fantastic photos in her LUCKY'S LUXURY ARTS AND CRAFTS shop out on Etsy. She took them on her trip through China. Isn't the panda a great shot!!

WELCOME, Kelly, and read what she has to say about herself and her photography'

Hi there!

My name is Kelly, and I'm a 24 year old woman from the beautiful state of Minnesota. I was born and raised in Minnesota and I'm sure I'll live here my entire life. I graduated in 2006 from Minnesota State University Moorhead with a BA in East Asian Studies and Philosophy and minors in Communication Studies and Religious Studies. I love to travel and have visited many US States but have also traveled internationally to Costa Rica, Spain, Mexico, Canada, and China. I hope to do some more traveling in the future.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I took a trip to China in 2004, through the East Asian Studies program at my university. I took many beautiful photos while I was there and I shared them with one of my close friends who recommended that I sell them on Etsy.


How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

Well before I left for my trip I was lucky enough to receive an awesome camera from my mother for Christmas, so that was obviously what I took with me on my trip.


What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I really like being able to look back at my photos and realize how lucky I was to be able to take such a wonderful trip, and I also love being able to share my work with other people.


If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I would have to choose a cucumber because to me cucumbers are so refreshing and have such a unique taste. They can quench your thirst while also being filling.


If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I make many other crafts that I'm not currently selling in my Etsy store, for example: knitting, crochet, cross stitch, paper crafts (ATC's and scrapbooking), and jewelry making. I hope to have some of those items in my Etsy store in the future.


What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Make life beautiful.


What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Don't let people bring you down, and keep the people who support you close because they mean more to you than you know. Also never give up, always hold your head high, and be proud of your creations.


KELLY, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and ideas with us. How "lucky" you were to get to take such a wonderful trip. All the sights you must have seen. It is so great that you captured some of them. If you'd like to see more photos of this China trip, be sure to visit Kelly's shop by clicking on the photos and link below!




No comments: