Saturday, August 9, 2008

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - SILLY LITTLE LADY

WELCOME, Holly and her Etsy shop SILLY LITTLE LADY! I really love the colors and unique textures that Holly used in the scarf above! I find all the different yarns available today, so fun and colorful. Hear what Holly has to say about how she got started with her creations. Be sure to visit SILLY LITTLE LADY, to see what else she has to offer.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?
My momma taught me how to knit when I was knee high to a grasshopper, and for whatever reason it just came naturally to me. Now I teach her things!

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?
I work with any and all yarns from whatever background, ethnicity, sexual preference, religion, level of education, etc, I don't discriminate. I love them all.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?
I really enjoy being able to pass my free time, and business time, doing something I love that is also productive and allows me to expend my creative juices. And it's even more worthwhile if someone else enjoys it as well!

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?
Grapes, there is such a variety in size, color, shape, texture and uses. I, for instance, find mohair to be the white zinfandel of the yarn world.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?
Photography, I enjoy being able to take life's little moments, good or bad, and being able to form them into something thought provoking and engaging.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?
Yarn comes in many shapes, colors, textures and most importantly price ranges. I want people to know that you don't have to spend loads and loads on yarn just to feel like you've made something beautiful. Any type of yarn can be, and often is, made beautiful.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?
Keep your chin up even when life seems down.

HOLLY, thanks so much for sharing your work and your "up beat" thoughts on life! You can see Holly's work by visiting her SILLY LITTLE LADY shop, and by clicking on the other links below.



FLICKR

FACEBOOK

No comments: