Saturday, January 24, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - BABY MAKES THREE Designer Tutus for Little Ones

WHAT A PRECIOUS LITTLE MODEL!

Kristen of BABY MAKES THREE creates "designer tutus for little ones"! What sheer delight! You really must visit BABY MAKES THREE to see her delightful creations. I'm sure there are many mom's out there who would like to see their own little angels looking so magical in one of these colorful tutus!

What led you to start creating your art/craft

I had a beautiful baby girl who inspires me daily with fresh ideas for little princesses. I've always enjoyed creating, but she really gave me a focus. I saw lots of baby tutus for sale that just looked poorly made and designed. I wanted to create a beautiful and well-made product for my daughter...and all the teeny twirlers out there!

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I decided to use yards and yards of fluffly tulle to create a full and soft look for my tutus.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love seeing pictures of girls from all over the world wearing my tutus, and hearing feedback about their excitement when they opened up their packages! I also crave the design process, and love to come up with new ideas for every holiday and occasion.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Strawberries! Sweet, summery, and youthful.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I would like to open up a home decor shop...and am actually in the process of doing so. Why? I have too many ideas floating around that I would love to create! I am a craft-a-holic and love to get my hands in all kinds of mediums and assorted crafty endeavors.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

That every little girl deserves a tutu! Everyone can be a princess for a day?

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Keep loving what you do and it will show in your work!

Kristen, thanks for sharing your thoughts and delightful, colorful tutus with everyone!

2 comments:

twenty pound tabby said...

Dang, those are cute!

Kristen said...

Thanks so much for featuring me!