Monday, January 5, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - St Jude's Handmade Flowers by Maria Jude Noble

Maria's flowers are so beautiful it is hard to tell that they aren't real! How amazing!

I'm very happy to have Maria as a featured artist out here on DZFANTASY, and I hope you will take time to visit her lovely creations in her Etsy shop - St Jude's Creations, her blog and also her web page listed below the interview. Her work is just so detailed and beautiful!!

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

My mother and her sister learned a tradition of making flowers, and from the time I was young I used to see her make bouquets for brides and make flowers for arrangements. My house was always full of handmade flowers and everyone used to come and admire them. Now when I became a stay at home mom, I decided to put my spin on her art and St Jude’s Creations was born. Many of my friends liked the arrangements I made and hence it "bloomed". With my limited time, I put up a web site and have been receiving orders through the site mainly, and now I am foraying into the Etsy world!

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I decide mainly on what the project needs and the clients request. I am pretty versatile in many mediums, hence I use paper, fabric and air dried clay.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

The creative aspects, sometime I feel I am too particular on what I want, that I spent waaay too much time on the project trying to pefect it, but have always loved the end result and the satisfaction that comes from it!

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

hmmm, a kiwi fruit maybe, l love it's vibrant green color and how it's dresses up things!

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Water colors and painting - have been pretty good at artistic stuff, but never have the time right now to pursue it!!!

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Anything can be turned into beautiful things if you have a creative mind! My mother used to make flowers out of the most oddest things, including an onion's outer skins! (the flowers were gorgeous mind you)

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Be creative and pursue your dreams!

Thanks, Maria for sharing your beautiful creations with everyone! They are truly stunning, in their detail and design. You can learn and see more about Maria and her creations by clicking on the links below.



ST JUDE'S CREATIONS BLOG

ST JUDE'S CREATIONS WEB PAGE

No comments: