Wednesday, January 14, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - WILD WOMAN JEWELRY BY KARON DEAN


Leap...“Courage is not the absence of fear; it is acting in spite of fear.”

I really love the colors in the gorgeous bracelet above, which is designed by Karon of WILD WOMAN JEWELRY on Etsy. It reminds me of the colors of the sea!

Karon has a wide selection of colorful, whimsical jewelry, contemporary styles, and so much more.

You really must take a peek at her shop. As I was looking through WILD WOMAN JEWELRY I came upon these delightful earrings. How fun are they!


Mad Hatter's Tea Party MAD HAT Earrings Inspired by Alice in Wonderland


What led you to start creating your art/craft?


I’ve always been a creator of things, loved the idea of making something from nothing. This has taken many forms - photography, interior decor, gardening, needlework, knitting, crafty things....a few years ago a friend showed me how to make earrings and I fell immediately in love with the process and the beads. Oh, the beads! All shapes and colors and moods...I love them.


How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?


It picked me!

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I totally enjoy the process of creation itself... the idea, the bringing to form of that idea, often connected with words- a quote or a story, and then the color. I am totally inspired by color.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I would choose a fruit because I love bright bold colors with punch!

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

At the moment, it would be photography. I love playing with light, finding that ‘ sweet spot’ photograph that tells the story I want to share.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

There are many...and they are mostly for me, but I love it if someone else feels them too. Life is good, have fun and enjoy it, dare to be yourself, hear your own voice, take chances...

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

GO FOR IT!!!!

KARON, your work is truly enchanting! Thanks for taking the time to be a featured artist out here on DZFANTASY.

You can learn more about Karon and her work by visiting her shop WILD WOMAN JEWELRY....!

No comments: