Tuesday, January 20, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - ROCCA DESIGNS

ARIZONA NECKLACE

WELCOME, Carolina and her Etsy shop, ROCCA DESIGNS. When you visit Carolina's shop you will find a delightful selection of earrings, bracelets and more...created with semi-precious stones. Be sure to stop by for a visit after learning a bit more about Carolina by reading her interview below.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I always loved creating. I come from a family of crafty people and I wanted to create jewelry that I would love to wear and could not find in stores.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I enjoy creating in all mediums. I sew, paint, and I learned how to knit. I like creating all sorts of things.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

When something is complete, I feel very accomplished and I love to think about my items being enjoyed by their new owners.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I would choose cauliflower because it looks very rough on the outside, there are many different stems that spring from the one heart and the stems are individual and soft. Also I love its color because to me it symbolizes purity.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Sewing. I've always wanted to be a clothing designer and think clothing is one of the best ways to express individuality.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

That we can all be creative, different. I create mostly for women and all my pieces are feminine, yet easy to wear.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

To have confidence in yourself and your products, and to take risks. You stop acting like an artist when you stick to only to what you know.

CAROLINA, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and creations with everyone!



No comments: