Friday, August 28, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - KI DESIGNS

Domed Pendant Hand stamped personalized necklace
CLICK on above necklace to learn more about this item

WELCOME, Karen and her Etsy shop KI DESIGNS. If you are looking for unique hand-stamped, sterling silver jewelry that you can personalize with names, dates and phrases that have special meaning to you, your loved ones and friends, be sure to visit KI DESIGNS. Her necklaces would make lovely, special gift ideas.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I was making jewelry for myself and for family and friends. People were so happy to receive my creations and would tell me how they treasured them. I wanted to branch out and do this for other people, so I started my own little hand stamped jewelry business.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I saw a hand stamped piece in a magazine and was intrigued. I researched everything I needed to know to get started. I was already making bead and wire jewelry so I already had some knowledge about jewelry making.

Blessed Necklace - Personalized Birthstone Necklace, Jewelry

CLICK on photo to learn more about this necklace

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?


When I sell something in person, the greatest satisfaction is in people's reactions when they love their piece. It's not quite the same doing online sales, but it is still rewarding. I recently did a custom piece for a woman who had lost her sister unexpectedly in an accident and wanted something special to wear in her memory. The woman's email after she received the necklace brought tears to my eyes.


If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?


I would have to say a grape. Not really sure why. Maybe because they are small, like my jewelry. They are very tasty.


If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?


Well, my other creative outlet, besides my hand stamped jewelry and regular beaded jewelry, is scrapbooking. It is very relaxing for me and I get to express myself.


What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I want to convey that jewelry can be a personal expression. I love doing custom work. I like the challenge of coming up with a design that will express how someone feels.


What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?


Remember that you should enjoy what you are doing. If you don't love it, you won't enjoy it. Also, start slowly. I started off selling to people I knew, and little by little my business grew. I eventually moved on to online sales, and now to Etsy.

Thanks, Karen, for taking the time to share your thoughts and creativity here on DZFANTASY. Your work has a charming elegance to it.

To learn more about Karen and her creations, visit the links below.



KI DESIGN WEB PAGE

BLOG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOU DESIGNS, LOVE THE PINK AND BLUE BLESSED NECKLACE.