Monday, August 3, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - STEPHANIE WEXLER DESIGNS

Butterfly and Honey Beehive Necklace

(CLICK on above photo to learn more about this necklace)

Let's welcome Stephanie and her Etsy shop, STEPHANIE WEXLER DESIGNS. When you pay a visit to Stephanie's shop you will find chic, classic jewelry in the form of earrings, necklaces, and also her original designed headbands. Read Stephanie's interview below to get

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I originally started crafting in high school when I took a jewelry making class that got me interested in working with metals. I also had started designing and sewing my own clothes and handbags then too.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I like working with wire and metals for my jewelry because of the colors and textures that can take a simple piece and make a bold statement. For my headbands I like to use different fabric textures and looks (ribbon especially).

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

The most enjoyable part is the designing process because I can really design many pieces that I might or might not like, but it lets me get all my ideas out on paper to help me decide.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I think my designs would be a granny smith apple because they contain classic elements because they are an apple, which is classic, but there is another side to them which is unique and different from all the other apples. The granny smith apple green represents growth and that my designs are always evolving.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I would love to work with blown glass since it looks simple, and that every piece is unique.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I would like my designs to give a sense of sophistication and chicness with a bit of quirkiness that everyone needs.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

All of your ideas are possible and can become realities.

Thanks, Stephanie, for taking the time to share your thoughts and creativity with everyone! To see and learn more about what Stephanie has to offer, click on her links below.




FLICKR

No comments: