Thursday, July 9, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - DOLCE CHIC

Tulip Magnolia- Signed 8.5 x 11 Print
(CLICK on above photo to learn more about this beautiful print!)


If you love flowers, like I do, you'll be sure to want to pay a visit to Candi's shop on Etsy, DOLCE CHIC. There you will find a wonderful selection of flower prints, and more! You will also be able to choose what size print you'd like.

SPECIAL OFFER: Candi is offering "Free Shipping" on 8.5" X 11" prints only, to any reader of DZFANTASY blog. If you see one of Candi's beautiful 8.5" x 11" prints, that you'd like to purchase, be sure to tell her you saw her feature on DZFANTASY. Refund of shipping price will be refunded through PayPal. Be sure to take advantage of this special offer! Offer is available now, July 9th - Sunday, July 12th.

What led you to start creating your art/craftFunny story?

I started a shop in 2008 creating a totally different craft, and to gain exposure I started a blog. I had read that a good way to gain readers is to showcase many different things. My mom has a beautiful garden and I thought maybe I'll start photographing her various plants, David Austin roses, vintage chairs and such, showcase them on my blog so people can see her goodies. I had no idea I'd get such a positive response from my readers telling me I should open up a photography shop.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I love my Canon camera, it is my favorite!

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

Taking photos is most enjoyable and relaxing to me. When I'm stressed, I grab my camera and shoot. It's such a happy medium!

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I'd choose a banana. Fashionista Rachel Zoe has coined the term "that's so banana's to describe something she loves, and I've also read that bananas tend to lower blood pressure. Needless to say I love photography and it lowers my blood pressure.


Turquoise Sunflower- Signed 8.5 x 11 Print

(CLICK on above photo to learn more about this lovely print)


If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I love writing, my degree is in Mass Media, and I interned at two news outlets while in college. I would love the opportunity to continue writing or even one day combine the two.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Happiness. I love that my photos are bright, colorful and happy. When I take these photos this is how I feel, and I would like others to feel the same way.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Be yourself, work hard, and not to give up. It's tough to make it as a crafter. Don't just rely on online outlets, try to get your work out to the world whether it's taking it to shops for wholesaling, craft shows, what have you. Make yourself known. You never know where opportunities lie.

Candi, thanks for a wonderful interview, and for sharing your lovely photography.


To learn more about Candi and her work, be sure to visit her links below!



BLOG

FLICKR

TWITTER

No comments: