Friday, July 17, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - PARKWOOD COTTAGE PHOTOGRAPHY


Peacock - 8 x 10 Color Print
(CLICK on photo to learn more about it)

WELCOME, Lisa and her Etsy shop PARKWOOD COTTAGE. At PARKWOOD COTTAGE you will find some great photography in a wide range of subjects, including, black and white photos, landscapes, nature, and more!! Lisa offers you your choice of sizes. Be sure to pay a visit to PARKWOOD COTTAGE after you read Lisa's interview below.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

My father was an avid photographer when he was younger, and I think I inherited his love of photography. Also, my husband is an architectural draftsman, and he has taught me to look at things from a design aspect and to see the beauty in small details.

HOMEWARD BOUND - 8 X 10 Colored Pring
(CLICK on above photo to learn more about it)

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

Photography was a default for me - I can't draw or paint, so the only other way for me to capture the images I liked were with a camera.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love editing. It gives me a chance to really study a photograph and look for the minute details that give it character.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I think it would be an onion. Onions are composed of layers, and I think photography is the same. The longer you look at a picture, you're able to see deeper into the details that are not visible at first glance.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

My talents are very limited! I might be able to write a poem.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

My message would be that there is beauty all around us, even in the smallest of things, and all we have to do is look closely to see it.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Be patient, and don't be shy about promoting yourself.

Lisa, it was a pleasure to have you here on DZFANTASY as a featured artist, and to get to learn a little bit about you and your photography.

To learn more about Lisa and PARKWOOD COTTAGE, be sure to visit the links below.



PARKWOOD COTTAGE BLOG

TWITTER

3 comments:

Amanda Fall - Sprout editor said...

Wow, these photographs are amazing! I love the captured moments--the designs in the peacock feathers, and the silky water behind the gull. Thanks for sharing this shop with us!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a wonderful feature - it's perfect!

Lisa

DZFANTASY said...

Thanks for your comment Amanda. These photographs are fantastic.

Lisa, glad to have you as a featured artist. Thanks for sharing your work.