Tuesday, July 14, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - LOVEMS


Cheetah- Lovems - Baby Security Blanket
(CLICK on the above photo to learn more about this darling CHEETAH LOVEMS)

I just spent a fun half hour going through Nancy's LOVEMS shop on Etsy trying to decide which was the cutest out of her 61 LOVEMS currently listed in her shop! They are so adorable! Each one is more adorable than the next.

Young moms, grandmas or anyone looking for a truly delightful baby gift, be sure to visit LOVEMS. It must be such fun to go looking for all the soft animals that are a part of each LOVEMS.

Read below, to hear in Nancy's own words what made her start creating her LOVEMS.

What led you to creating your art/craft?

I started making the Lovems for my little granddaughter, Maddi. Maddi couldn't carry around a stuffed animal and blanket at the same time, so I decided to take a soft squishy animal and attach it to the softest fabric I could find. Needless to say the Lovems were a hit. They are the perfect size (about 20X20) for the little ones to drag around with them and when you toss them into the car to take along the animal is already conveniently attached. Once other people and family members saw them and kept asking me to make them for them as well, I knew this was something I had to make and sell.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I don't think I actually decided on sewing as my outlet for creativity - I think it chose me. I have been sewing as long as I can remember beginning when I was about 5 and I cut up my Dad's new shirt to make Barbie clothes! BOY - was I in TROUBLE! To this day I always ask my mother - "how could I not want to use that shirt - it was a beautiful black western shirt with great big red roses on it?"

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

My favorite part of the creative process is the end result! I have not made a Lovems yet, that doesn't just turn out adorable and I LOVE it when people receive them and send me pictures of their little ones with them.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable to describe your art/craft, what would you choose and why?

I would say the Lovems are most like a peach - they are all warm and fuzzy!

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be, and why?

I would love to be able to paint or work with Polymer Clay - although I think I'd better stick to sewing!


Security Blanket - Lovems - Penguin

Can't you just see your "little one" cuddling up to this cute little guy!
(CLICK on the photo to learn more about this LOVEMS)


What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?


I don't think there is any real message to convey with the Lovems.


What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?


I would tell everyone to do something that they LOVE so it never becomes just another job that you have to do. By the way - my husband would like to thank all of the customers that keep me busy up in my sewing room! And he is relieved that I am not making anymore blankets for around the house - he has always said he felt like he was living in a blanket shop - and now he actually is!

NANCY, thank you for taking the time to share your delightful LOVEMS and thoughts with everyone!! I love the one about using your Dad's shirt!!

To see more of Nancy's creations, be sure to click on the links below!

TWITTER

No comments: