Friday, July 3, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - EMILY'S ESCAPE

Vintage Inspired Flower Necklace

by Emily

Swarovski Crystal and Pearl V-Shaped Drop Necklace
(Click on the above photo to learn more about this exquisite necklace)

WELCOME, Emily and her recently opened shop on Etsy, EMILY'S ESCAPE. If you are looking for some really exquisite pieces of jewelry...necklaces, earrings....be sure to pay a visit to EMILY'S ESCAPE. Her delicate designs are beautiful and the prices are great!!

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I've been interested in making and wearing jewelry ever since I was old enough to thread a bead onto a piece of string. My craft has obviously evolved over the years. Since I love making jewelry so much, I decided to try and make a small business out of it.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I've experimented in all kinds of supplies for making jewelry. In the fifth grade I started selling jewelry I made with seed beads. After that I got into hemp jewelry. In high school I was very interested in chainmaille. Now I have a wedding coming up and I decided to make the jewelry for myself and my bridesmaids. That has gotten me interested in more delicate and formal jewelry made with crystal and silver.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love the process of making jewelry because it helps me escape the real world. Taking a few hours to use your hands and forget about life's worries is very relaxing. I also appreciate getting comments from people. It's great to see that my work has an effect on others.

Lavender Cluster Earrings - Swarovski Crystals and Pearls Clustered on Silver Plated Chain

(CLICK on the above photo to learn more about these enchanting earrings!)

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

A strawberry. It's sweet, delicate, and pretty.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I already love to draw and play piano. I just wish I was better at both. If I were to try something new I might try writing a novel. I like to read and write, but I've never been able to find the time to practice my writing.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Jewelry that is feminine and delicate can also be edgy and unique.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Don't worry too much about the statistics on your page (sales, views, hearts, etc). Focus more on making connections with people and enjoying yourself. When you spend more time really reaching out to people and doing what you love, the rest will follow.


EMILY, it was great to have you and your delightful jewelry here on DZFANTASY as a featured Etsy artist. Your work is very exquisite. Wishing you much success!

If you'd like to learn more about Emily and her creations, be sure to visit her links below.



DEVIANT ART

LIVE JOURNAL

EMILY'S ESCAPE BLOG

1 comment:

ennadoolf said...

Beautiful jewellery! I think I have to go heart this shop! :)