Tuesday, July 28, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - IZZY'S PLACE

Foxy Lady
Izzy's Place Glass Tile Pendant - Free Silverplated Ball Chain Necklace

(CLICK on photo to learn more about this pendant)

WELCOME, Pat and her Etsy shop which she calls IZZY'S PLACE. When you pay a visit to IZZY'S PLACE, you will find a variety of glass pendants which would make wonderful, affordable gift ideas...whether it be for a friend, a thank you gift, teacher's gift, and more, in a variety of subjects.


What led you to start creating your art/craft?

Actually it was my daughter who started me on this venture of making pendants. She loves all types of jewelry and wanted something different. She also likes to wear a different necklace everyday to work. So began my pendant venture. I must admit I wear a different one everyday too.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I'd been doing scrabble tiles for a while and then a friend gave me some glass tiles and said make something. So I did.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love the challenge of finding just that right graphic that will make me smile. There is an abundance of wonderous things out there and it's a wonderful feeling to put them in miniature on a glass tile. I even have a pendant with my granddaughter's picture on it. That's for me.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I would have to say apple because everything I make is the apple of my eye. Kind of corny but I love them all.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I have a passion for knitting. I've been knitting since I was 7 yrs old and that's a long time. I love the idea that a piece of yarn can be turned into something so special and so meaningful to the person you give it to.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Whimsy is a wonderful part of daily life. If we take things too seriously all the time, it can affect our way of life. Take time to enjoy the fun things in life. You've only got one shot at it.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Do what you love. Crafting is our personal inner being. I always make what I like and hope that someone will love it as much as I do. You will never please everyone, but just make sure you please yourself.

Great thoughts and advice, Pat! I agree that when one creates what brings happiness to their soul, it can't help but touch others. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and creations here on DZFANTASY.

Be sure to pay a visit to IZZY'S PLACE by clicking on the links below. Clicking on a particular photo will take you to that item in Pat's Etsy shop.

< align="center">

No comments: