Friday, December 5, 2008

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - ANITA CRAFTY CREATIONS - Sweet Treat Your Body

Now doesn't that look "yummy"...! Can you believe it is soap? Now you can enjoy your "sweet tooth" without worrying about whether it is good for you or not! Just visit ANITA CRAFTY CREATIONS on Etsy, and indulge yourself and your body with all the delightful creations that Anita has to offer. There you will find bath bombs, scrubs, soaps, lip balms and more! You'll LOVE her creativity!

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I've always been a crafter! But back in 03 my son's skin wasn't reacting right to commercial products and I had to either buy it or make it! So here we are!

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I'm a sweet head! I love cakes and candies and anything that can give me a cavity. So I figured I would do my crafts surrounding that. Give the illusion of products that are so sinful to eat and make it so, that you can use them and not worry about calories!

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

That I can be creative as I want to be. When I first started I thought I would get dozens of messages a day on how someone wanted a particular item to look, due to the way I describe it, but I don't! People see and respect that I have a creative flow and they love it! I love getting orders and someone say's "do what you do best because I know it's going to look great", I faint, lol. Having that creative feeling is what I enjoy the most.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Hmmm, wow! I would have to choose a Honeydew Melon! Once you get to the inside of it, it's bright, it's flavorful, it's fun, cute and sassy. You can make it into so many shapes and creations and that's me! I love that I can be that versatile.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I would say Photography. I love the different feelings you can get from different photo's and they way you can capture any emotion. I think I was one in my former life.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Have fun in life! Life is not always promised, so enjoy it!!! If you wanna eat that piece of cake and your on a diet, go for it! If you want that extra cookie, go for it!! My products are all about fun, using your imagination and stepping away from the "same ole, same ole". So go out and live, live to the fullest!

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

DO what you do because you love it. Yes it may pay a bill or two and buy you that new outfit, but never loose your passion just because of money. There are some people who would give anything to be able to have a creative bone and we being those creators, have to keep that love and passion in our products all the time. Anything else, it's extra.

Anita, thanks for sharing your colorful, delightful bath and beauty products with everyone! What fun! Treat yourself and pay a visit to ANITA CRAFTY CREATIONS by clicking on the links below.




FLICKR

ANITA'S SWEET TREAT CRAFTS


1 comment:

The Muse said...

lol lol...a honeydew melon....lol
There you go, what other type of personality (other than sweet & sassy) would make cupcake soaps!

Hey, Donna come on over and visit
www.adivashammer.blogspot.com !!