Tuesday, December 9, 2008

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - A QUILTED TREASURE

Applique Snowman Quilt





Welcome, Melissa and her Etsy shop, A QUILTED TREASURE. Melissa's shop offers a delightful mixture of embroidered and quilted creations for everyone! Here you will find quilts, blankets, pillows, bibs, holiday items, and more....so do pay A QUILTED TREASURE a visit! Below, you can read about Melissa, and how she got started in making her "quilted treasures".

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I started quilting a few years ago when I was pregnant with my 3rd son. I wanted to make him a unique keepsake and decided that a personalized quilt was the way to go. After finishing his, I kept going. Quilting and sewing has become my form of escape from the reality of raising 3 active boys.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I've always been someone who loves to be comfortable. I've encorporated that into my work by using lots of different textured fabrics like corduroy and denim.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I enjoy finding the inspiration and turning it into the finished project.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

An apple as there are many different options to choose from. This is the same with my work, where the options are endless.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I would choose painting, as I love having the ability to incorporate a lot of different colors and textures.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

My message would be that there are so many other alternatives to mass produced products. You can choose something that useable, but also unique.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Definitely stick with it and follow your dream!

Thanks, Melissa for a great interview, and for sharing your thoughts and creativity with us!

Don't forget to visit A QUILTED TREASURE!






No comments: