Sunday, December 28, 2008

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - LITTLE RED BEAR

LOLLIPOP PLUSH BLANKET

Bright and colorful on the outside and oh so soft and cuddly on the inside!!

WELCOME, Wulandari, and her delightful, handmade creations, for babies and small children. She calls her Etsy shop, LITTLE RED BEAR. I'm happy to have Wulandari out on DZFANTASY as a featured Etsy shop, so let's learn a little bit more about her.

What led you to start creating your art/craft

When I was blessed with my little baby boy, my lifestyle changed greatly. I was also given time to slow down and assemble my own thoughts, and realized that I sometimes undervalue my own creativity. I realized not only my passion for designing things for my baby, but that I dearly loved creating things in my spare time.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I began experimenting in sewing with my husband and my mother, who I knew had been involved in crafts for some time. I had never really sewn anything of value before; but in sewing, I discovered an enjoyable outlet for my creativity and, through Etsy, a way to reach the world.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

The satisfaction of seeing my own creations being used by little children.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

A Watermelon. Smooth, clean exterior that masks the time spent on it's creation, surprisingly enjoyable once it’s yours!

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

If I did not create small things for babies and kids, I would probably experiment with painting. This would be another way for me to reach people and create a visual representation of my own ideas.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I want people to see that handmade products can mean so much more than mass-produced ones. For me there is a true joy in seeing and using a handmade product, especially around your baby.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Get involved in communities and be willing to take on feedback. Often the best personal growth may come about through others’ ideas.

THANKS, Wulandari, for a delightful interview, and for sharing your creations with everyone. Be sure to visit LITTLE RED BEAR....you just might find the perfect item for your little one, or perhaps a gift.

.2

No comments: