Wednesday, December 3, 2008

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - WIRE TREE JEWELRY by BETH LISA GOSS



WELCOME, Beth and her Etsy shop WIRE TREE JEWELRY! At WIRE TREE JEWELRY you will find a wide array of earrings, necklaces/pendants and more delightful creations designed by Beth! I LOVE the simplicity of the copper earrings above.

Before you pay Beth's shop a visit, read below to find out a little bit more about what motivates her to create.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I've been making jewelry on and off for about 20 years, and I think I started because I was looking for a creative outlet. I started my business last year when I realized that I couldn’t possibly wear or give away all the things I’d made! I’d been getting compliments on my jewelry and decided to give it a go.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I like to experiment so when I come up with something interesting I tend to stay with that medium for a while.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I really like using tools so any time I get to saw or torch something I'm happy!

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Maybe a pineapple? Great texture on the outside and pretty durable, but beautiful.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I'd love to learn how to throw pots. I've tried before and had a lot of trouble with it. I absolutely love pottery.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Simplicity.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Just keep doing it. Make what you love and don't worry about what you think people will buy.

THANKS, Beth for sharing a bit of yourself and your creations with everyone! Be sure to stop in WIRE TREE JEWELRY to see Beth's designs, and you can also visit her on TRUNKT.


TRUNKT

1 comment:

The Muse said...

Truly a clean, and streamlined art form she has utilized in her work. They are very unique and definitive. Distinctive!