Monday, December 8, 2008

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - LITTLE RA'S


WELCOME, Heather and her Etsy shop, LITTLE RA'S. Heather designs and creates clothes for toddlers, little girls dresses, and more...she is happy to work with you to design a custom outfit or your child. Let's hear how Heather got started in her sewing venture.


What led you to start creatiang your art/craft?


Little funky kiddies inspired me to start sewing. I have two kids of my own, and FINALLY our friends are starting to catch up by having their own. I always saw these cute clothes, but that couldn't really be worn by a normal (or my version of) kid. They just wouldn't take the abuse of being used over and over again. My daughter loves getting dressed up like she's going to a party, and I really needed something that would survive the park. Little Ra's is for the little ladies in our lives who like to play in the dirt and look good while doing it.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I didn't really choose sewing, it sort of just decided it was going to be done. I've always sewn, changed clothes I bought or fixed them up, but never really made anything. My neighbour was expecting a girl and I just made something, right out off the top of my head. She loved it and really was the one to spark me into actually sewing things.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most rewarding?

The creative thought process is my favorite aspect. At the very start, when everything is all over the place and I see something and I want to put that in the dress, oh, wait, that! Ya, that too! The endless possibilities that surround me before I really figure out what the heck I'm actually going to make.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe or art/craft, what would you choose and why?

A fruit! Because it's sweet, juicy and good for you too!

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be and why?

If I wasn't sewing I would use photography to help express my creativity. Although I struggle with the photo's for my shop I really enjoy photography. I think capturing a moment can be so rewarding. I have pictures from YEARS ago and I can still remember the conversation that was going on.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with art/craft?

I really want to convey that function can be something that looks fun and delicate.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

My advice to other crafters and artists is; Do it! Lets all do it, lets help each other do it!
Thanks again, Heather, for taking the time to share your delightful creations and thoughts with all of us. Be sure to visit LITTLE RA'S , where you might just find something for your little one.


LITTLE RA'S BLOG

No comments: