Saturday, March 14, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - DANA LAYMAN PHOTOGRAPHY



Dream in Pink - 8x10 Print


WELCOME Dana, a photographer whose Etsy shop is called DANA LAYMAN PHOTOGRAPHY. Dana recently opened her shop on Etsy, so be sure to pay her a visit. You will find a variety of subjects, from flowers to other interesting subjects. The photo below really caught my eye!.

Bottle House - 8x10 Print




What led you to start creating your art/craft?


My mother was always into photography and it was just natural for me to start taking pictures. I got my first camera when I was about 9 at Disney World, and have been shooting ever since. I became really serious about it about 6 years ago.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I struggled between film and digital and which way did I want to go, but now I just do both!

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love seeing the final product and seeing others reactions to it. It's nice to see what you've accomplished.

If you had ato choose a fruit OR a vegetable to describe your art/craft, what would you choose and why?

I would say a watermelon because it's colorful and juicy, and it usually reminds you of good times. I think watermelon is a relaxing, fun simple fruit, just like my work.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be, and why?

If I didn't do photography there are a lot of other things I would like to try...I think magnets are fun or some kind of mixed media.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I want people to look at my work and think that I have different and interesting shots. Ones you'll never get bored of looking at. I want them to think "how did she do that??"

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

I would advise to just truly love what you're creating, and believe that you can be successful in it. Just work really hard and put a lot of effort into it and always try to improve.

Dana, I enjoyed having you here on DZFANTASY as a featured artist, and wish you every success with your photography! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and photos with everyone.

To learn more about Dana and her work, be sure to visit her links listed below.



WEBSITE

BLOG

No comments: