Sunday, March 22, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - HANNAH'S HANDS

JUMP RING MEDALLION
by
HANNAH'S HANDS
This Handmade Chain maille medallion is made out of sterling silver jump rings. It is fun and fashionable. The look speaks for itself. Goes with anything you wear. Pendant attached to rubber tubing it is durable and perfect for the on the go lifestyle.

The above striking medallion by Tanya of HANNAH'S HANDS on Etsy is just one of the beautiful pieces of jewelry you will find when you pay a visit to HANNAH'S HANDS. Tanya's shop has a wide selection of bracelets, necklaces and earrings, so be sure to stop by.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

Jewelry making just kind of fell into my lap. A dear friend was opening a bead shop and asked if I would work for her. I didn't know anything about beads or jewelry making but she assured me I would learn. The first thing I learned was how to make a bracelet and I was hooked. I couldn't wait to make more and more and learn more. So Beading kind of found me instead of the other way around.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

The shop I worked for got me started and specialized in Swarovski crystals and pearls and had a good gemstone collection, so I learned a lot about these materials and saw them everyday so it was natural to gravitate to them when I started my craft.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

Well I think the final product is my favorite part. It feels like such an accomplishment to see my vision come to fruition, but I also really enjoy piecing it together, envisioning it in my mind and then matching all the pieces and putting it all together.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Hmmm that's a tough one. A strawberry perhaps. Vibrant color, great for a romantic dinner or just at a picnic, and everyone likes strawberries.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I would love to make baby blankets and learn how to crochet and sew.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

You don't have to break the bank to have nice jewelry. It's Ok to look good for less.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Keep furthering yourself. Learn new techniques and designs, and don't be afraid to venture outside of your comfort zone.

Thanks, Tanya for taking the time to share your thoughts and lovely jewelry with everyone! Be sure to visit Hannah's Hands...you just might find a piece of jewelry you can't do without!

2 comments:

DeeCee said...

Hannah's hands is truely a great choice. Beautiful jewelry.
Best of luck in the future to you both (Hannah & DZ)

DragoninKnots said...

Nice pendant!