Thursday, March 26, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP- LILYJA

ENCHANTED
by
LILY


WELCOME, Lily and her ETSY shop LILYJA. Lily has some very unique and gorgeous creations in her shop...including a variety of necklaces, earrings, bracelets and more. Be sure to pay LILYJA a visit. First, lets learn a bit about Lily.




What led you to start creating your art/craft?


During my teens, I really loved to wear jewelry and I remember one time buying a pair of earrings and knowing deep inside that one day I'd make jewelry myself.


How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?


I've painted ever since I can remember, and I take photographs, and also make jewelry. I think it’s the need to feel the material with my hands that led me to put the emphasis on jewelry, plus the joy in doing something and seeing it brings happiness to someone else.


What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?


I love the moment an idea is showing itself in my mind's eye, I love that exciting moment… inspiration I think its called.


If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?


I would choose Artichoke! I don't know why, but it’s the first association that came to me.


If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?


Aside from photography, I think it would be sculpturing, because of the feel of the material.


What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?


I hope the world will forgive me for not thinking about it. I don't think about my art, I just bring it out.


What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?


I think the best advice is the one I got – DO ! Just keep on doing, and follow your heart. The rest will follow.

Lily, I loved having you here on DZFANTASY as a featured artist. Your work is truly beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and creativity with everyone.



TWITTER

BLOG

2 comments:

Lilyja said...

Hey Donna, Thank you so much!
it's wonderful to find myself here:))
Have a good and peaceful weekend:)
Lily

Tumbleweed Trails said...

Lots of lovelty jewelry. Thanks for the feature and introduction.
Jody