Wednesday, March 4, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - ENVIOUS MOON DESIGNS

Beautiful Floral Handbag or Tote
by Jenn


WELCOME, JENN!

Jenn of ENVIOUS MOON DESIGNS on Etsy has many areas where she likes to use her creativity, as you will learn from reading her interview below! One of her creative ideas is to design very "eye pleasing" handbags, and totes. She also likes to paint, so you will find both of these artistic creations in her ENVIOUS MOON DESIGNS shop.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

As far back as I can remember I have always had a desire to create. I loved to hand sew little outfits for my Barbie dolls, and knit clothes for my Cabbage Patch Dolls. As I grew older I began to take old clothes apart and breathe new life into them. I was always doodling and drawing. Over time my doodles became drawings and I would try to draw anything. More recently I discovered that I love to create abstract artwork. When I filled my house with my art I began to seek a way to bring my art to others. So in short, it is just in my blood. I have a deep need to create.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I don't think that I have completely committed to any one medium. I'm an artistic harlot, I guess. Currently I am dabbling in cake decorating so fondant is my newest way to express my art.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I really feel that I create art as a means to prove to myself that I can do it. I love staring at a blank canvas or a huge piece of fabric and having no idea where to start and yet I usually end up with something that I love.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable to describe your "creativity", what would that be and why?

The fruit that I would select is a pomegranate mostly because I just love colour. But, when you cut into the vibrant fruit there lay many little delicious seeds. Like the fruit, I have many delicious seeds of creativity as I dabble in a variety of mediums.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be, and why?

I would like to make clay pottery on a wheel because I have never done it before, and it looks like it would be a lot of messy fun. Pottery makes me think of the cheesy love scene in "Ghost". I think in this case I would enjoy the process far more than my end product.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I just wish to convey happiness.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

The only advice I have is to enjoy what you create.


Jenn, thanks for sharing your thoughts and creativity with everyone. I'm sure you won't ever run out of ideas of what you want to do and create. Be sure to pay a visit to ENVIOUS MOON DESIGNS!


2 comments:

DeeCee said...

Beautiful Spring time bag. Love the shop,too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful fabric ! Wondeful yet simple designs I love her green attitue with her recycled ideas!
Great shop
dgibson@bak.rr.com